Mount Rainier National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Mount Rainier National Park (National Geographic Trails Illustrated
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapThe highest point in the Cascade Range, Mount Rainier is an icon of Washington state. It is an active volcano and the largest single-peak glacial system in the lower forty-eight states, spawning 6 major rivers. National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Mount Ranier National Park is designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts by combining valuable information with unmatched detail of this spectacular landscape of glaciers, old-growth forests, subalpine meadows, and valleys. Created in partnership with local land management agencies, this expertly researched map features key areas of interest including Paradise, Longmire, White River, Mowich Lake, Ohanapecosh, Chinook Scenic Byway, Crystal Mountain, and Glacier View Wilderness. With extensive detail of Mount Ranier and its glaciers, and miles of clearly marked trails including the Pacific Crest and Wonderland trails, this map will prove invaluable in your exploration of the park. Mileages between intersections are shown and the map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and many lakes. Recreation features noted include ski areas, campgrounds, trailheads, lodging, horse camps, scenic overlooks, and more.Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on...
- Color: WA
- Brand: National Geographic
- ASIN: 1566953456
- UPC: 749717009950
Best Easy Day Hiking Guide and Trail Map Bundle: Mount Rainier National Park (Best Easy Day Hikes)
Best Easy Day Hiking Guide and Trail Map
Best Easy Day Hiking Guide and Trail Map Bundle: Mount Rainier National Park combines the expertise of FalconGuides with the incredible maps of National Geographic to give you everything you'll need to explore one of the Pacific Northwest's greatest national treasures.
- ASIN: 1493032062
Best Easy Day Hikes Mount Rainier National Park (Best Easy Day Hikes Series)
Best Easy Day Hikes Mount Rainier National Park
Best Easy Day Hikes Mount Rainier National Park includes concise descriptions and detailed maps for thirty easy-to-follow trails, from easy low elevation loops to slightly more difficult scenic routes through Mount Rainier. Get a close-up panoramic view of Nisqually Glacier on the popular Skyline Trail; enjoy Emmons Glacier, the largest glacier in the contiguous United States or power through the hilly Rampart Ridge for unobstructed views of Mount Rainier. Look inside for:• Casual hikes to full-day adventures• After-dinner strolls to full-day hikes• Hikes for everyone, including families• Mile-by-mile directions and clear trail maps• GPS coordinates
- ASIN: 1493032046
Hiking Mount Rainier National Park: A Guide To The Park's Greatest Hiking Adventures (Regional Hiking Series)
Hiking Mount Rainier National Park: A Guide To
Fully updated and revised, Hiking Mount Rainier is a comprehensive and concise guide to the well-maintained trails nestled between the two major metropolises of the Pacific Northwest. Included are sixty hike descriptions for hikers of all ages and skill levels.
- ASIN: 149303202X
Mount Rainier National Park Map Art Print, 1928, Vintage USGS Topographic Map, Archival Reproduction, Unframed
Mount Rainier National Park Map Art Print, 1928,
MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK MAP Archival print reproduction of a vintage map of Mount Rainier National Park by the U.S. Geological Survey, based on the 1939 reprint of the 1928 edition, with additions in red made in 1944. The map covers all of Mount Rainier National Park as well as the area south of the park including the Cowlitz River valley south to the town of Randle. Shows numerous details, including roads, mountains, lakes, ranger stations, some trails, as well as elevation contour lines. The park boundary is indicated in red. ARCHIVAL PRINT Museum-quality giclee inkjet print on 100% cotton, acid-free, heavyweight matte fine art paper with archival pigment ink. PRINT SIZE 16x20 inches Please note: frame is not included.
- Brand: The Cartographer's Art
- ASIN: B0169A6JK4
Mount Rainier National Park Adventure Set: Trail Map & Wildlife Guide
Mount Rainier National Park Adventure Set: Trail Map
The Mt. Rainier National Park Adventure Set consists of a Pocket Naturalist Guide and National Geographic Map, offering a perfect resource for travelers wanting "hands on" information on what to see and where to go to find some of the world's most dramatic natural attractions. Waterford's Washington State Wildlife offers visitors or armchair travelers the information needed to identify some of the area's most significant and impressive animal life. Beautiful full color illustrations on the 10 panels highlight more than 140 species with descriptive text indicating distinguishing features, scientific names and measurements. It is the perfect pocket reference that is easy to use while exploring through this amazing park. It is packaged with National Geographic's Mt. Rainier National Park Trails Illustrated Map, a folded waterproof map that provides global travelers with the perfect combination of detail and perspective. Highlighting hundreds of points of interest and the diverse and interesting wildlife, this map also contains detailed topographic information, plus useful traveling tips, and regional information.www.waterfordpress.com
- ASIN: 1583559655
American Educational Products Raised Relief Map 408 Mt. Rainier National Park
A Landscape Photographer's Guide to Mount Rainier National Park
A Landscape Photographer's Guide to Mount Rainier National
This book is designed specifically for visitors to Mount Rainier National Park with photography in mind. Its focus is to provide information on specific sites throughout the park (31 in total), including the times of day to be there for the best photographic results, what equipment to utilize, and which techniques to employ in order to capture "the shot." The author provides easy-to-read language and direct advice on all areas of this national park. His advice is suitable for all levels, beginner to professional photographers. With this resource, and other free online resources outlined within the book, the reader will be exactly equipped with the right amount of information required in order to complete his or her visit and return home with a remarkable portfolio of pictures to share with others. Contains reference maps and 90 landscape photographs from within the park and its surrounding areas.
- ASIN: 1732168008
National Parks of the USA
National Parks of the
A 2019 Outstanding Science Trade Book for Students: K–12 (National Science Teachers Association and the Children's Book Council). Take a tour of America's great outdoors and discover the beauty and diversity of its most iconic and majestic national parks. Packed with maps and fascinating facts about the flora and fauna unique to each of the 21 parks portrayed, this lushly illustrated coast-to-coast journey documents in large format the nation’s most magnificent and sacred places—and shows why they should be preserved for future generations to enjoy. Explore Florida's river-laced Everglades, travel down the white water rapids of the Grand Canyon, trek across the deserts of Death Valley, and scale the soaring summits of the Rocky Mountains with this book that brings you up close to nature's greatest adventures. Divided by region (East, Central, Rocky Mountains, West, Tropics, and Alaska), a pictographic map at the start of each section shows the locations of the parks to be covered. Each park is introduced by a stunning, poster-worthy illustration of one of its scenes and a summary of its makeup, followed by individual illustrations of the animals and plants that make their homes there. Captions provide captivating information about the wildlife. Did you know that Everglades...
- ASIN: 1847809766
National Parks of America (Lonely Planet)
National Parks of America (Lonely
To celebrate America's amazing national parks, Lonely Planet, the world's leading travel publisher, takes you on an informative and gorgeous tour of all 59 parks with our lavishly finished hardcover gift guide packed with detailed itineraries and practical tips on what to do and see in each park to get you started planning your next adventure. America's national parks are full of timeless marvels that still rejuvenate the soul: the world's largest trees in Sequoia; its most spectacular geothermal site in Yellowstone; the grandest canyon. Perhaps the movement's most eloquent description that is still resonates came from national parks advocate John Muir: 'Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity...' Fortunately for the nerve-shaken, over-civilized people of then and now, President Woodrow Wilson created the National Parks Service (NPS) on August 25, 1916, though the drive to protect some of America's most remarkable wild spaces, to be 'used and preserved for the benefit of mankind', began in the 1860s. From Acadia to Zion, this beautiful introduction to America's preserved natural treasures is packed with landscape photography, original wildlife illustrations, and pract...
- Brand: Unknown
- ASIN: B01HHK80SY
Mt. Rainier National Park Map & Wildlife Guide Franko Maps Laminated Card
Mt. Rainier National Park Map & Wildlife Guide
This is a handy guide to Mt. Rainier and its wildlife. Side 1 is an overview map of the National Park. Side 2 offers realistic illustrations of animals and birds found on the mountain, including Blue Heron, Mountain Goats, American Bison and Red Tail Hawks, set against a dramatic picture of Mt. Rainier. This convenient, waterproof reference is made of rigid, laminated plastic. 6" x 9".
- ASIN: 1601904290
1950s Mount Rainier National Park Map, Archival Art Print Reproduction, Square, 8x8 inches, Unframed
1950s Mount Rainier National Park Map, Archival Art
MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK MAP Archival art print reproduction of a vintage 1958 topographic map of Mount Rainier National Park, Washington by the US Geological Survey. Shows numerous details, including: elevation contour lines, ranger stations, lodges, roads, and named peaks, rivers, lakes, ridges, and glaciers. ARCHIVAL PRINT Museum-quality giclee inkjet print on 100% cotton, acid-free, heavyweight matte fine art paper with archival pigment ink. SIZE 8x8 inches (includes a 1/4 inch white border) Each print comes in a clear archival sleeve with a 1/8 inch thick white acid-free foam backing board and is sized to fit perfectly in an 8x8 inch frame. PLEASE NOTE: frame is not included.
- Brand: The Cartographer's Art
- ASIN: B07J5YGN2N
Wonderland Trail (National Geographic Topographic Map Guide)
Wonderland Trail (National Geographic Topographic Map
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapThe Wonderland Trail encircles Mount Rainier and was completed in 1915 by volunteers and designated a National Recreation Trail in 1981. The Wonderland Trail is known for its undulating terrain with a striking cumulative 22,000 feet of elevation gains and losses. The Topographic Map Guide is arranged for clockwise travel around the Wonderland Trail starting at the Sunrise trailhead. Each map page has a detailed trail profile that shows the elevation changes you will encounter. Also, the Wonderland Trail is highlighted and centered on each page so you can easily track your progress. The Topographic Map Guide also includes information about Mt Rainier National Park as well as wilderness regulations and other important facts and tips to help make your journey on this amazing trail both successful and memorable.More convenient and easier to use than folded maps, but just as compact and lightweight, National Geographic's Topographic Map Guide booklets are printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper with stainless steel staples. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.Map Scale = 1:55,000Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.38"
- Color: Washington
- Brand: National Geographic
- ASIN: 1566957508
- UPC: 749717910140
59 Illustrated National Parks - Hardcover: 100th Anniversary of the National Park Service
Day Hike! Mount Rainier, 3rd Edition: More Than 50 Trails You Can Hike in a Day
Day Hike! Mount Rainier, 3rd Edition: More Than
Discover the 51 best trails for day hiking around Mount Rainier National Park. This guidebook is the perfect companion for hikers wanting to explore the best views and destinations in and around the national park by day, and spend peaceful evenings at home. Each trail is rated, and range from easy to moderate to extreme, giving newbie hikers or veterans with hundreds of miles on their boots the choices they want. The relaunch of this popular series now includes full-color photographs of every hike in addition to topographical maps, trail descriptions, and more.
- Brand: Sasquatch Books
- ASIN: 1570619239